Sunday, November 22, 2009

A new blog


My son Caleb is a creative little creature. Boxes taped together become video cameras. Toilet rolls become binoculars. Books of magic tricks.



Jemima has enjoyed drawing from a very young age. She began drawing delicate little circles from around 12 months, and now has fun with projects such as "Grandpa with one eye". She is fast becoming a fan of snipping. She loves to snip snip snip as she quotes Mr Maker. "Be careful, because scissors.. are sharp."

I don't expect anyone apart from me and Chris to find this blog at all interesting, but as I put creation after creation into the recycling (sad, but necessary!), I thought it would be good to have a little record.

The blog name, "My brain popped an idea" is something Caleb says as a prelude to getting stuck into making.

6 comments:

sewing the seeds of love said...

I have thought of doing this- a blog for the purpose of journaling things for my kids- but well done, you have put pen to paper( so to speak)!
Love the name BTW.
I shall drop by now and then ,
Peta-Jane

Gina said...

How delightful! I'll be sure to peek in now and then, just to smile at the brain-popping.

willywagtail said...

I think it is a wonderful ide too. Cherrie

Kelly said...

Great idea Bek. I will drop by too and see what your kids have been creating. Love the name of the blog :)

Christina Lowry said...

So sweet and such a great idea. I would have loved to have something like this of my child hood 'genius'! :)

Although I always wonder with the pics and stories of Cohen I put on my blog if her will hate it as a teenager and maybe appreciate it as an adult?

Lia said...

wow...she was able to draw circles since 12 months?! that's something :)